We are preparing for the 2018 season, which includes work projects at the fields in addition to drafts, team assignments, uniform/equipment procurement, etc. The weather has not cooperated, and our hope of starting outdoor preparation early has given way to looking to try and cram everything into the next three weeks.
We are asking each of you to consider committing to working on any or all of the work days and any of the separate projects. Your response to email@example.com with a commitment to any of the above will help us plan the execution of the work. Please note any special skills or tools you have that you think might be helpful.
General work days will take place the three Saturdays (3/24, 3/31, 4/6) before opening day (April 14). The work to be done will be general cleanup, building maintenance (including painting and repairs), field maintenance (including raking, leveling, grass and weed trimming, fence and stands repairs) and concession stand cleanup repair.
There will also be cleaning of the concession stand and kitchen and organizing of volunteers to help manage the food concession through the season.
We are also moving scoreboards on the softball and major baseball fields, replacing batting cage netting, installing protective netting and reconfiguring the softball field to accommodate 50/70 baseball, as well as the following:
1) electric to barns/ scoreboards
2) install scoreboards
3) install new batting cage nets
4) spring cleaning
5) replace light pole minor field
6) new bleacher sets and relocate old one
7) roll and aerate all fields
8) lightning detector
9) new dirt all fields
10) edge all field softball to 50/70
11) fix gates on all fields
12) seed major, minor and senior infield’s
13) new press box doors major and minor pressers
14) netting along left field foul line minor
15) crushed stone dust for all fields
16) re hang screen on softball. Look at possibly adding some on major
17) de weed all infield’s
18) concrete in place benches on tee ball field.
19) install audio speaker on softball field
20) cleanup cages
21) install cabinet in outfield barn major field